ST JOHN'S COMMUNITY SERVICES
"A place to belong, grow, and serve."
St John’s Community Services (SJCS) is a non-profit community services organisation started by, and conducted in partnership with, St John’s Anglican Church in Darlinghurst. In community with local churches, schools, organisations, businesses, and individuals, it exists to translate the love of Jesus into tangible help for those in need.
We welcome any from our community who are experiencing need, providing them with essential services to help them heal, relationships and programs that that enhance their sense of self-worth, and opportunities to experience Jesus’ love.
- We serve the whole person: body, mind, and spirit
- We seek the physical health, safety, and growth of those in our community
- We value healthy, appropriate, and uplifting personal relationships with those we serve
- We treat every individual with dignity and respect, affirming their immense inherent worth
- We empower those we serve to exercise agency over their own lives
- We aspire to excellence in all the services we provide
- We evolve to meet the evolving needs of our community
- We provide opportunities for those we serve to explore faith and to connect with local churches
- We welcome and invite our local community to partner with us in service
- We invest in our partners through training, communication, and transparency
- We prioritise the personal and professional growth of our staff members
- We seek to steward our resources wisely and to uphold best practice in governance and accountability, complying with all relevant laws
- Rough Edges Drop-in Centre
- Community Assistance and Partnership Program
- Urban Exposure, Community Education