Christ Church is a small lively local church, committed to gospel outreach, on the western (Richmond) side of Hawthorn.
As part of an overall vision of outreach, we see children’s ministries as a central part of the future of this church.
We are passionate about this because:
- our church community already has young families;
- our church property is located right next to Hawthorn West Primary School (HWPS);
- there are many young families in the local area;
- we already run programs for local families with children from birth to the end of primary school;
- we have very suitable facilities for such ministries.
The Children’s & Families’ Minister
We are praying for an engaging, responsible and talented Christian to join the Christ Church Hawthorn ministry team; someone who:
- loves children and has a heart for helping them discover and grow in Christian faith through the Bible and prayer, and play, music, craft and team activities
- sees and serves children in the context of their families, is comfortable engaging meaningfully with parents, affirming the primary role of parents in the Christian upbringing of their children
- is a team player, to work with our Senior Minister and church-member volunteers
- is a self-starter with initiative and energy.
By negotiation, the position would be for between 15 and 20 hours per week, with the focus being on weekday ministry, especially our after-school kids’ club, as well as Mainly Music. Some Sunday ministry would be desirable, but the position could suit someone who has a part-time role including a Sunday ministry at another church and wishes to add more paid ministry to their working week.
- Lead, or serve actively in, our after-school kids’ club ‘Shine’, which runs each Thursday afternoon during school term time. This runs from 3:30pm to 5:30pm, in the Wood Hall and courtyard, and includes afternoon tea, craft, games, Bible lessons, singing and prayer. In partnership with the Senior Minister, this ministry includes coordinating and leading church member volunteers; ensuring responsible care for the children, including collecting children directly from HWPS at 3:30pm; publicising the programme, especially to the HWPS community.
- Leading, or serving actively in, our Mainly Music programmes (currently Monday and Thursday mornings).
- Pastoral and outreach engagement with local young families, especially with the families in the above two programmes.
- By negotiation and depending on hours worked, contributing to the Sunday Kids’ Church ministry, along with church-member volunteers.
- Fulfil responsibilities as a church ministry appointee, including being aware of, promoting and adhering to appropriate child safety and welfare regulations and standards.
March 2021 Enquiries to Andrew Dircks, Senior Minister
0431 412 451 firstname.lastname@example.org