International Justice Mission Australia is seeking a Sr Lead, Media and Mobilisation to amplify the urgency of tackling modern day slavery and IJM's theory of change throughout Australian mainstream media and the community.
For this role, IJM Australia is seeking a motivated professional to put Modern Slavery on the national agenda through media and harnessing the power of our supporters through lobbying and campaign activities.
Reporting to the Chief Advocacy Officer, the Sr Lead, Media and Mobilisation will:
- Develop and deliver an ambitious targeted plan to grow the reach of IJM’s social media channels
- Be responsible for media monitoring and proactive media and current affairs response, including the drafting of releases, maintaining outlet databases and real time social media responses
- Draft advocacy communication and mobilisation content for IJM supporters
- Reboot and deliver IJM’s Justice Advocate training program
- Develop a mobilisation plan to activate under 30s into the Justice Generation
Skills, Experience and Attributes
To be successful in this position you will have:
- A deep conviction for justice and ending slavery
- Experience running end to end social media campaigns
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Government, political or corporate experience
- Experience leading or managing a team
- Familiarity with mobilisation and best practice community organising frameworks
- A strong understand of CRM community organising requirements and best practice data management processes
- Have organised or played a key role in mid to mass mobilisation campaign or issue based events
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
You will also be:
- A highly motivated self-starter.
- Outcome driven.
- A creative problem solver.
- Team player.
What we offer:
- An inspiring work environment. Your work makes a difference in the lives of the thousands of clients IJM is serving. You are part of a passionate global team of professionals - characterised by an atmosphere of personal involvement and determination to bring justice, transform communities and end slavery
- Opportunity to professionally develop your skills DQG attributes
- Opportunity for spiritual formation
- Salary is determined by our remuneration policy and years of QE
Please send a one-page cover letter outlining your suitability for the position including your demonstrated commitment to IJM Australia’s values as detailed above, along with your current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IJM Australia is interviewing and recruiting for this position as applications are received, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.