Combine your talent for administration and coordination with your passion for youth and kids ministry!
CRU Educational Camps, a division within CRU which runs fully-programmed camps for school groups during term times, is looking for a strong administrator with outstanding customer service.
Based at CRU’s Galston Gorge campsite and surrounded by the wonders of natural bushland, the full-time Program Coordinator will join a close-knit team as they book, write, and organise programs for CRU Educational Camps.
The successful candidate will thrive in a busy environment and will be responsible for the following (but not limited to):
- Efficient liaising with schools (via the phone, email, and/or in meetings at the school and/or at the campsite) to design a program that will meet their camping requirements;
- Liaising with camp sites to ensure that all pre-camp information is finalised and confirmed. This includes being responsible for all Special Dietary information to ensure a safe delivery of food to all campers, as the liaison person between schools and kitchens;
- Booking and confirming of camp logistics prior to camp (e.g. transport, activities, accommodation, external providers);
- Responsibility for initial camp cost quotes and post camp invoices, in line with the set budgets;
- Following up groups to confirm bookings and gather any overdue pre-camp information;
- Administration management of the CRU Educational Camps office, including ordering stationery, arranging photocopier/fax repairs, ensuring the maintenance of a professional office environment etc;
- Leading, directing or speaking on 8-14 CRU Camps per year; including CRU Educational Camps, CRU Holiday Camps, and CRU Day Camps.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Mature and consistent Christian faith with active involvement in a Christian church, with sound biblical teaching (as evidence of commitment to Christian ministry and service);
- A commitment to and belief in the value of camping for providing a positive environment for evangelism, and a willingness to be involved in such programs;
- Friendly, approachable and polite demeanour, and a desire to work closely with school staff in developing programs
- Passion for providing friendly, personalised customer service;
- Strong organisational skills and office efficiency, and the ability to prioritise;
- Excellent phone manner;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a strong eye for detail;
- Possess a high standard of personal presentation, coupled with energy and commitment;
- Experience in designing, preparing and presenting educational programs, desirable not essential;
- Experience in preparing and presenting Christian talks and studies, desirable not essential;
- Computer literacy, particularly in ‘Word’ and ‘Excel’;
- Interest and experience in working with students from school years K-12;
- A desire to work closely with school staff in developing and implementing programs;
- Ability to work independently, and within a team, and willingness to work irregular hours as necessary;
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
- Download the full position description with selection criteria that is attached under 'additional documentation'.
- Complete an online application at edu.au/cecapply, which will provide an opportunity to upload a CV and cover letter.
If you have further questions, you can contact our Recruitment Manager via firstname.lastname@example.org