Kairos Prison Ministry - Projects Officer (part time paid)
Who are we?
We are a Christian volunteer ministry who have been running programs for over 20 years inside Australian prisons as well as outside for family and friends of those inside. We operate through 38 Regions throughout Australia with around 2000 volunteers. Our Board of Directors are volunteers and we employ two part time paid support staff for accounting and for office management. For more information visit www.kairos.org.au
What is the role?
The Projects Officer will join the management team as a resource on projects and coordinate projects underway. We have a number of projects planned for years 3 and 4 of our Five Year Plan but need additional resourcing. The person in the role will work closely with the Board Chair and the Office Manager in the Kairos Support Office. Remuneration is modest but the work is interesting in a good team environment.
There is no favoured geographical location as the ministry is now solely based on a work from home basis.
Who are you?
You are likely to
- be a practicing Christian, possibly recently retired, with management or project administration experience.
- have experience in dealing with change projects requiring high interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- have sound analytical skills and ability to assess, evaluate and solve problems
- have advanced MS Office (particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- have experience in dealing with a Board as well as consultants
It is desirable but not essential to
- have some experience of a community focused ‘for purpose’ organisation
- be competent in advanced project management methods (e.g., Prince 2; Agile) and cloud based tools (e.g., Team Gantt; Jira, Trello)
The role includes but is not limited to:
- Providing program administrative support to the Chair and project teams.
- Assisting in defining the project plan, activities, milestones, and resource requirements.
- Performing a variety of project administration duties, including project scheduling as well as being a team member where needed
- Liaising with external consultants as well as internal stakeholders
- Collaborating with all internal teams and attend meetings with managers.
- Preparing proposals, reports, agendas, meeting minutes, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Organising and scheduling workload to meet specific project deadlines.
For further information contact
0418 903 147