Are you wanting to make a Kingdom Impact by connecting with churches, individuals and other interested groups?
Are you able to engage and motivate others to partner with Bible League in fulfilling the Vision God has given us?
If you’ve answered “YES” to these questions then you could be the person we are looking for to join our Development Team and fulfil this rewarding and challenging role.
Bible League Australia and New Zealand raises awareness and funding to fulfil our purpose, which is to resource the under-resourced Church globally through the provision of Bibles, biblical resources, translations and training to transform lives worldwide and help people meet Jesus.
The Development Officer will be responsible for coordinating and leading Bible League’s interaction with Churches and individuals in Victoria (focused on the greater Melbourne area). They will seek to raise both funding and awareness for Bible League’s unique ministry and to enlist regular supporters to our ministry.
Main Responsibilities and duties
- Build and maintain relationships with churches and individuals throughout Victoria, in order to gain their support, both in prayer and financially
- Secure appointments in the field with prospective and existing donor churches for speaking engagements at churches
- Initiate opportunities to speak at various church groups and other interested organisations
- Carry out a variety of speaking engagements at churches, etc., including Sunday service presentations, preaching the Word, Chaplaincy Groups, Christian Lunch-time Groups etc. Promote Bible League’s work and gain financial support for programs at these engagements
- Maintain and grow the current donors
- Gain new regular donors through the Source Partner program
- Contact donors from the assigned major donors list in order to thank them and meet with them where appropriate
- Host major donor information meetings/events in order to build relationships with donors
- Represent Bible League at Christian conferences/seminars as required
- Participate in Bible League events organised to increase the support for the organisation
- Ensure that all activities are included/updated in the Bible League CRM database
- Submit a weekly activity report to the CEO
- Observe all Bible League policies and procedures
- Contribute productively as a member of a team
- Ensure that complete confidentiality and security is applied to the handling of information and the communication of sensitive issues
You will also be required to:
- Be actively involved in a Christian Church
- Be committed to the purpose, statement of faith and core values of Bible League
- Display a professional manner in communication, both verbal and written
- Build good relationships with people by demonstrating genuine sensitivity to people’s responses
- Have good promotional skills
- Be willing to employ Bible League’s donor development system
- Have the ability to work well with others
- Possess a current driver’s license and motor vehicle and be able to travel as required.
Applications close 31st of October 2021. To apply, please submit your covering letter and CV (no more than 3 pages) to Alicia Gray at email@example.com or by mail to PO Box 714 Penrith NSW 2751.