Barista & Cook All Rounder job description
Solace cafe is an outdoor eco-ethical café in Ingleside on the Northern Beaches of Sydney. We operate from a cute retro food trailer in a beautiful garden setting outside the front of Church on the Hill (previously Ingleside Baptist) with a Fairtrade & sustainable goods stall, mini Christian book library, kids zone, Free Pantry, al fresco seating and organic edible garden. We aim to be “a light on a hill”, and provide a place of peace, encouragement and refreshment for people. We aim to be a “café church” outreach community that cares for all people and God’s creation.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic, hard-working, experienced and friendly All Rounder (cook and barista) to join our team for 2-4 days a week: Wednesdays to Saturdays (9:00-14:00). The ideal candidate is a talented multi-tasker, has an active Christian faith, positive outgoing attitude, is passionate about serving the highest standard of ethically-sourced food and drink, serving God and showing His love to people. The All Rounder plays a key role in our team and must be driven to provide excellent customer service. You’ll have the opportunity to be part of a fun atmosphere where the Solace community becomes like family.
All Rounder responsibilities
- Setting up workstations, preparing ingredients, cooking and presenting food in a variety of ways according to our recipes/instructions
- Make and serve specialty coffees, teas and other drinks
- Adhere to any recipes and presentation requirements for food and beverage items
- Monitor and ensure good condition, safe storage of and quality of ingredients
- Monitor stock levels daily and advise Manager when items are running low
- Speak kindly to and have friendly, warm & positive interactions with both new and regular customers; promoting our products; taking orders using our Square POS system; and preparing them for customers in a timely manner
- Maintain a tidy and clean food trailer and café premises; and an organised and sanitised work station; setting things up for the next trading day
- Follow COVID-19 health and safety guidelines and complete brief training module
- Follow environmental sustainability guidelines (inc. recycling, composting, reducing water and food waste, washing up with minimal water use, etc)
- Be trustworthy, reliable, punctual and able to observe regular and consistent attendance, notifying any upcoming absences as early as possible
- Contribute to a positive team environment.
All Rounder skills and attributes
- 1+ year in the food & beverage service industry preferred
- Have had two or more COVID-19 vaccinations
- Experienced and comfortable with working busy shifts and under pressure
- Friendly, outgoing, sales-focused and dedicated to outstanding customer service
- Clean, tidy and self-disciplined
- Detailed-oriented and passionate about product quality
- Commitment to always learning and improving, being a great team member, a multi-tasker and an “all-rounder”, as there will be varied tasks to do as part of a small team
- Demonstrated Christian commitment with a servant-heart, seeking to be the “hands and feet of Christ” with a passion for outreach, service and prayer.
You will need to have your own transportation, as public transport is limited to our location at 280 Powderworks Rd, Ingleside 2101.
Remuneration will be based on the Fast Food Industry Award rate, according to your skill level and experience.
For all enquiries, please email Mel Chiew: firstname.lastname@example.org OR phone 0400 324 164.