OAC Ministries is an evangelical mission organisation with over 100 years of history here in Australia! Our passion is to take the glorious gospel of Jesus and share it with the vast multitudes of unchurched Australians around us. We do this by going out where the people are. Whether that’s on the streets, or at special events like fairs and country shows, we love to tell other people about Jesus! We use a variety of methodologies ranging from personal engagement, to visual media, to object lessons, and many others. We want to present the “Good News in Good Ways”! We also invest heavily in training the local church so that all Christians are empowered to share their faith with those whom God has placed around them.
OAC is seeking ministry interns who are willing to grow in their ability to share the gospel. You don’t have to be an expert as there is a strong training component, but you do need to have a heart for those who don’t know Jesus and a willingness to share with them.
- Can be full-time or part time (20+ hours per week)
- The position will be based in Brisbane for at least the first 6 months of the internship but after this time, it may be possible to relocate to an alternate branch to complete the internship with remote coaching.
- Primary tasks are active participation in street ministry and training events. There may be opportunities to expand on these duties as opportunities open up.
- Some guided theological and methodological training as determined by the supervising senior staff member.
- Opportunity to transition to permanent staff will be assessed towards the end of the internship period.
- An active member in good standing with a local church and able to affirm OAC’s statement of faith.
- Demonstrated Christian character which is affirmed through reference checks.
- Good people skills, in particular the ability to engage effectively with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Able to express yourself clearly both verbally and in written communication.
- Prior theological training is an advantage, but not required.
- Applicants must be 18 years or older and able to obtain an appropriate working with children check and criminal history check.
- A reasonable ability to work with basic technology is essential (email, office, etc), but competency with more advanced tools such as social media is a bonus.
Successful applicants will be required to raise financial support through their local church networks, however partial remuneration is provided for the 12 months of internship. Applicants will be coached in how to raise these funds.
To find out more:
Contact OAC Queensland by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling Andrew on (07) 3849 1375.
Please also check our website: oac.org.au.