The Job Position
IJM Australia is seeking an experienced Major Gifts Relationship Manager to secure funds for the organisation by fulfilling the interests and passions of donors by providing them with giving opportunities, encouraging them to give and assuring that as many as possible are retained as continuing donors to the organisation and are upgraded in their giving and involvement.
IJM Australia has a strong foundation of mid-major supporters where this is a highly rewarding and meaningful position to inspire and encourage altruistic giving, so as to strengthen IJM’s resources and capacity to make significant impact in combating forced labour slavery and exploitation of children in this region. This is a full-time position to be based in Melbourne.
Reporting to the Director of Major Gifts, the Major Gifts Relationship Manager will:
- Raise an annual revenue goal by hitting monthly targets set by management.
- Achieve the above by managing a growing portfolio of mid to major donors (reaching 100-120 donors) to grow their level of financial commitment to the work of IJM
- Achieve the above by acquiring new mid to major donors through various methods, campaigns, events and meetings
- Build genuine and authentic relationships with supporters that deepen their love and engagement of IJM’s mission and work
- Provide an accurate monthly forecast and pipeline management to the Director of Major Gifts
- Support development & production of quarterly events hosted by IJM to deepen relationships and achieve revenue targets, and invite mid to major donors to them
- Effectively use IJM’s CRM to assess giving potential, track donor communications and progress towards fundraising goals, and maintain updated records and donor information.
- In consultation with the Director of Major Gifts, research, develop and evaluate strategies to significantly broaden and deepen the base of support from major donors in the region’
Skills, Experience and Attributes
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Proven ability to effectively develop, nurture and maintain individual relationships and the skill to lead those individuals to make joyful financial investments /gifts
- Experience in inviting people to invest, donate or fundraise from a specific region or community towards a mission, including the tracking and reporting of progress towards financial donation goals.
- Ability to articulate effectively, credibly and passionately the story of IJM
- Strong understanding of biblical justice and contemporary human rights issues.
- Experience in growing partnerships and networks of supporters or organisations.
- Bring a wide and diverse network of businesses and donor networks across Australia to engage them with the work of IJM Australia.
You will also have:
- An understanding of the Philanthropic and Major Gifts landscape in Victoria
- A deep conviction for justice and ending slavery
- Self-motivated, driven and target-focused yet highly relational
- Excellent presentation and pitching skills and be confident in making an ask.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to use Salesforce or equivalent CRM experience.
- Experience managing, tracking, analysing and reporting against targets and benchmarks
- Highly developed capacity to accurately and objectively evaluate the effectiveness and outcomes of programs and strategies and to make appropriate adjustments
What we offer:
- An inspiring work environment. Your work makes a difference in the lives of the thousands of clients IJM is serving. You are part of a passionate global team of professionals - characterised by an atmosphere of personal involvement and determination to bring justice, transform communities and end slavery
- Opportunity to professionally develop your skills and attributes
- Opportunity for spiritual formation
- Salary is determined by our remuneration policy and years of qualified experience.