IJM Australia is in a rapid growth position with exciting goals for the next three years. In order to successfully deliver on strategy, it is critical for new project and process management capabilities are setup to establish the foundation for future enterprise solutions. The Lead, Project & Process Management role will play a pivot part in both setting up new methodologies but also project managing a number of key strategic projects to enable FY22 targets and goals.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Lead, Project & Process Management will:
- Working with the COO, design, build and implement a portfolio approach to project delivery that is fit for purpose for IJM Australia that includes clear execution governance, project roles & responsibilities, project tiering, workflow management, prioritization methods, resource management, timeboxing, reporting and project team design.
- Lead key organisational projects in accordance to the internal project methodology from initiation to completion, in line with enterprise strategy and priorities.
- Manage operational aspects of the project and scope; create and execute projects plans, manage budget, facilitate stakeholder engagement, respond to changing needs and minimize risk.
- Work with the Executive Leadership team, managers and stakeholders to complete project planning.
- Oversee a project board or steerco. in prioritizing, sequencing, and maximizing resource allocation to safeguard the highest value realization of the most critical projects.
- Facilitate and/or oversee project evaluation meetings, ensuring learnings are captured and communicated as appropriate.
- Produce monthly project status reporting for Executive, monitoring for risks and obstacles and following up as appropriate.
- Create any supporting project documentation from business cases, change requests, specifications, layouts, test plans, training materials, operational procedures, risk plans, user documentation, status reports, change management frameworks, key communications, etc.
- Develop and deliver communications to the organization as part of the change plan to embed project management disciplines to improve this capability
- Lead training and coach managers, project leads and staff on effective project management
- Undertake business analysis across various work efforts to determine the best course of action.
- Map all key process flows working with business owners.
- Evaluate existing business processes to outline improvements analysing both efficiency and costs.
- Determine a process mapping software solution as a central repository for process mapping.
- Upskill points of contact in the departments and functions to own processes once mapped.
- Support the development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as part of wider governance and internal control.
- Manage improvement teams as / if needed.
Skills, Experience and Attributes
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Minimum of 2 - 3 years in a project management role with proven experience in leading projects
- Bachelor’s degree or certification in a related discipline
- Project Management Professional (PMP), PRINCE2 certification or PMBOK is strongly preferred
- Experience in waterfall, iterative waterfall and / or agile project methodologies
- Experience in process mapping
- BPM Certifications (Six Sigma, Lean, TQM, etc.) is a plus
- Change Management certifications (Prosci, CMBOK, etc.) is a plus
You will also:
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills including report and procedure writing.
- Soft skills in managing project teams that do not report directly to this role.
- Managing relationships with clients and stakeholders.
- Expertise to evaluate and improve processes including the ability to identify cost-saving measures and improvement strategies.
- Conflict resolution skills as part of day-to-day interactions and decision making for project teams.
- Ability to multi-task and manage various project elements simultaneously.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, project management and process mapping tools.
What we offer:
- An inspiring work environment. Your work makes a difference in the lives of the thousands of clients IJM is serving. You are part of a passionate global team of professionals - characterised by an atmosphere of personal involvement and determination to bring justice, transform communities and end slavery.
- Opportunity to professionally develop your skills & attributes.
- Opportunity for spiritual formation.
- Salary is determined by our remuneration policy and years of experience