Bring your creativity, outstanding project management skills and passion for Christian resources to our successful retail operation. Koorong is Australia’s leading Christian retailer with 14 stores Australia-wide and a thriving online business. This is an exciting time to join Koorong as we plan to expand our operations and open new stores.
We are recruiting a dynamic individual for the role of Store Planning and Development Manager to help us continue our success and growth. This is a unique opportunity for an individual with solid retail store planning & development experience who is looking for the next challenge in their career.
Responsibilities will include:
Reporting to the Chief Retail officer, this full-time role will:
- Plan and manage store & café facilities, including oversight of replacement of store fixtures and fittings (refurbishments)
- Manage the store maintenance program to ensure standards and safety is maintained
- Lead and coordinate new store designs and Pop-up Store projects
- Manage and develop the Signs function and team (this role has 2 direct reports)
- Oversee and coordinate store merchandising in line with Marketing guidelines
- Efficiently manage relevant contractors, suppliers and key stakeholders
- Liaise with Store Managers regarding new in-store experience initiatives, changes and other relevant communication
- Manage the distribution quantity of in-store advertising and the implementation of other partnership material in the stores
- Work closing with Marketing and Buying teams to ensure the In-store experience and store development projects are successfully met and aligned with the organisations goals
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role or are looking to progress into a senior retail Store Planning role
- Qualifications in business / merchandising / retail buying or operations experience
- Strong planning and time-management skills with the ability to work independently and manage own workload
- Experience leading a team to achieve shared goals
- Commercially minded with solid analytical skills
- High degree of attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills who is committed to the values and mission of Koorong
- A dynamic, exciting, and challenging role working with a friendly and innovative team
- Flexible work arrangements
- Staff discount available at our Koorong stores Opportunity to work with a purpose supporting the mission of Bible Society Australia including Eternity News, Centre for Public Christianity, Koorong and Acorn Press
ASAP. Candidates are invited to apply as quickly as possible, as we will assess applications as they are received.