The Job Position
IJM Australia is seeking a Finance Coordinator to join the team either in person in our St Leonards Office or remotely. We have audacious goals leading up to 2030 to achieve the mission of protecting 500 million people by 2030. This role will play a huge part in making that happen by being a support to the finance department.
Reporting to the Sr Lead, Finance & Compliance, the Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Accurate and timely expense allocations between IJM general ledger accounts and department classes
- Management of the Accounts Payable ledger and provision of regular reports of supplier balances, including preparation of bank account payment files submitted to online banking.
- Management of banking accounts, including reconciliations, employee credit cards and regular cash flow reporting.
- Timely processing and obtaining necessary approvals for employee expense reimbursements
- Provide a point of contact for all office financial queries
Skills, Experience and Attributes
To be successful in this position you will have:
- A deep conviction for justice and ending slavery
- Minimum 2-3 years of professional experience in an accounting and reporting role or Cert IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Sound working knowledge of financial systems (QuickBooks or similar) or database functions
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve
- Working to and reporting against measurable KPIs
- Self-motivated, driven but relational
- Able to work well across teams and support multiple stakeholders
What we offer:
- An inspiring work environment. Your work makes a difference in the lives of the thousands of clients IJM is serving. You are part of a passionate global team of professionals - characterised by an atmosphere of personal involvement and determination to bring justice, transform communities and end slavery
- Opportunity to professionally develop your skills & attributes
- Opportunity for spiritual formation
- Salary is determined by our remuneration policy and years of qualified experiences
Please send a one-page cover letter outlining your suitability for the position including your demonstrated commitment to IJM Australia’s values as detailed above, along with your current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IJM Australia is interviewing and recruiting for this position as applications are received, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.