West Sydney Chinese Christian Church is an independent non-denominational evangelical church in Sydney NSW. We have church services in English, Mandarin and Cantonese held in Strathfield and Croydon Park in New South Wales.
The vision for Children’s Ministry at WSCCC is to teach and raise up children to love and serve Jesus. We are looking to employ a part-time Children’s Ministry Worker to coordinate and lead children’s ministry at WSCCC at Strathfield, commencing in early 2022.
- The Children’s Ministry worker role at Strathfield is to coordinate and support the effective running of multiple children’s ministries at Strathfield campus with children (aged up to 12 years) from 3 language congregations.
- The Children’s Ministry Worker will work in close collaboration with the Children’s Ministry Worker at Croydon Park@10 church of WSCCC which may involve sharing responsibilities and resources.
- This is a part-time position of 3.5 days per week.
- This role involves (but not limited to):
- Coordinate and oversee Sunday School activities (pre-school to year 6)
- Coordinate and oversee Playgroup ministry (pre-school aged children)
- Provide pastoral care oversight of children and families with the support of the pastoral team from the church
- Oversee the direction of Children’s Ministry program that fulfils the overall church direction and vision
- Liaise with the pastoral team and church leaders to build strong relationships with parents, teachers and helpers
- Actively explore opportunities for potential community engagement and outreach (eg. outreach holiday kid’s program)
- Regular attendance and being part of the wider community of WSCCC
- This position is accountable to the Strathfield Children’s Ministry deacons, the Worship Committees, the Pastoral Team and the Co-ordinating Minister.
The ideal candidate needs to have:
- A mature relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ
- A passion about ministering to children and their families in Jesus’ name
- Have experience/gifts in ministering to children and teachers within a church context
- Have experience in leading and training of other leaders in children ministry
- Conviction and agreement with the Church Constitution
- Good communication skills, strong leadership quality, management and administration skills.
- Good English (verbal and written) communication skills
- Reasonable Mandarin and/or Cantonese verbal communication skills
- Comply with all criminal record checks and Working with Children requirements.
- Desirable to have tertiary qualification and has completed or currently undergoing training in ministry.
For more information about our church:
- please visit wsccc.org.au
To apply for this position or for a copy of the Position Description:
- please email firstname.lastname@example.org