Unique opportunity to work in the great outdoors overlooking the beautiful Lake Macquarie!
Now hiring for a LAKE MAC PROPERTY & ACTIVITIES ASSISTANT
This is a newly created full-time role that will combine your talents in leading outdoor recreational activities (Certificate III in Outdoor Education required) and working with our properties team to maintain a newly renovated campsite.
Set on the picturesque shores of Lake Macquarie with 6.5 hectares of water frontage, plus an additional 40 hectares of adjoining bushland, your new outdoor office awaits you.
CRU is a Bible-based, interdenominational Christian youth organisation whose mission is to help the students of the independent schools of Australia to know and follow Jesus. We seek to expose students to the gospel, win them to Christ, disciple them in their faith and train them for a lifetime of service.
This ministry is underpinned by administrative support and the operation of CRU’s Camp & Conference Centres at Galston and Lake Macquarie, where students and campers can enjoy a fantastic camp experience while growing in their faith.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Lake Mac Property & Activities Assistant, you will be involved in two key areas:
- Recreational activity leading/guiding for our guest groups.
- Working closely with the properties team to maintain the site.
The Lake Mac Property & Activities Assistant will be responsible for a range of tasks, including:
- Maintenance and preparation of camp facilities, buildings and activities to ensure that the campsite is well presented and usable at all times.
- General maintenance and upkeep of activity equipment including the climbing tower, archery range, and aquatic activity equipment including boats (both powered and unpowered).
- General maintenance and upkeep of the bushland and bivouac site.
- Activity guiding on camps at Lake Mac as required. This will typically be at Lake Mac, but there may be the occasional requirement to facilitate activities at CRU Galston Gorge.
- Upkeep and operation of security systems across all areas of the site (lake side, staging area and bush side).
- Ground keeping duties including lawn mowing, gardening, maintenance of bush walking tracks and management of swimming pool (when built).
- Repairs and maintenance tasks such as basic plumbing, painting, carpentry.
- Procuring site consumables and equipment.
- Supporting other areas of operation as required.
The following criteria are considered necessary for this position:
- Mature Christian faith and active involvement in a Christian church. This will be demonstrated by evidence of commitment to Christian ministry and service.
- Full agreement with CRU’s ‘Basis of Belief’ and its practical out-workings.
- Provide evidence of being fully vaccinated in accordance with NSW Public Health Orders and Company policies.
- Will hold a Cert III in Outdoor Recreation and be willing to be assessed by CRU activity assessors to achieve qualifications for CRU activities and equipment with particular focus on aquatic activities.
- Competent skills and experience in maintaining buildings, grounds, and activity areas.
- Possess a positive attitude and an enthusiastic work ethic with a desire to serve others.
- A friendly and approachable demeanour with excellent personal presentation.
- Appropriate health and fitness to carry out all duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Be able to communicate effectively (both written and verbal) with clients, fellow staff and supervisors.
- Current drivers’ licence (manual).
If you have a desire to use your skills in outdoor recreation leading and properties maintenance for a greater purpose and God’s glory, we’re eager to have you join the team in this exciting and varied role!
A full copy of the Job Description can be found HERE
We would love to hear from you, so APPLY TODAY by completing the following online application:
For more information about CRU and its various ministries, visit www.cru.edu.au or email email@example.com