Molonglo Bible Church is a church plant in the rapidly growing Molonglo Valley, ACT. It is affiliated with the Fellowship of Independent Evangelical Churches. The church is led by three elders who participate in ministries such as teaching and evangelism according to their giftings. MBCs current attendance is approximately 30. The church has the following vision and is seeking a pastor (we are open to either full-time or 0.8FTE) to lead the church into the next stage of its life and mission:
To be a growing Bible - based community of believers, who are discipled and are a beacon of light upholding and spreading the Word of God and Christ’s love to the Molonglo Valley and beyond.
- Demonstrated Christian commitment.
- Determined to connect more deeply with and be known in the local community personally and lead the church in reaching out for Christ more effectively. Previous church planting experience is preferred. Has gifting in personal evangelism and demonstrated ability to equip others for outreach.
- Prioritises welcoming and integrating new people and encourages ownership of this across the church.
- Demonstrated ability to support, coach, encourage and equip various ministry leaders.
- Demonstrated ability to align the various activities of the church for both sustainability and maximum impact in progressing the vision.
- A collaborative style of leadership is preferred overall, and the pastor collaborates with the elders.
- Passionate about God’s Word and able to preach for life change.
- A qualification in Bible/Theology/Ministry
- At least 4 years’ experience in pastoring or planting.
- Alignment with FIEC theology and values (https://www.fiec.org.au/what-we-believe) but able to work well with people with a diversity of views/backgrounds.
- Sense of call to this church and desire to make a long-term commitment.
- Australian work rights (no overseas applications will be accepted).
- Working with Vulnerable People and Police Check are required for this position.
- Ability to commence soon is valued.
What We Offer You
- Join a passionate, dedicated leadership team and a young, active congregation making a difference to people’s lives in a culturally diverse community.
- Paid professional development opportunities and regular mentoring/coaching/supervision.
- Remuneration contextualized to ACT context.
- The opportunity to church plant in a new and rapidly growing area beyond the start-up phase.
Please send a letter addressing the above requirements, along with a CV and three referees to email@example.com by 12 December 2021 (no more than 6 pages in total please). More details about the church, community and job description will be sent on application or enquiry to this email. Any other questions regarding this position should be directed to Rob Francis (elder) on 0425314290.