Morling is seeking an HR Officer to assist with the recruitment, support and development of talent through the maintenance and expansion of Morling’s HR systems and processes. The HR Officer will support the Chief Administrative Officer (CAdO) to manage and develop the HR function of this multi-campus, growing organisation. Supporting and empowering our mission through excellent and innovative support of the employee life cycle.
Morling College is the Baptist Theological College of NSW and ACT. In 2021 it merged with Vose Seminary, the Baptist Theological College of WA, and thus operates across campuses in both states. It is a third-party provider of the Australian College of Theology for most of its theological awards, and of the University of Divinity for Higher Degree Research. It is also a Registered Institute of Higher Education for postgraduate awards in Education and graduate and postgraduate awards in Counselling, Chaplaincy and Spiritual Care. These courses are all taught by Christians for Christians.
About the Role
This is a part-time position, 0.8FTE (4 days a week). The remuneration stated is the part-time annual salary.
Under the direction of the CAdO, the HR Officer is responsible for providing efficient and effective HR support to Morling College employees and ensuring the objectives of the Human Resources department are achieved.
- Providing HR administrative support utilising the Employment Hero HR platform, including overseeing the recruitment, onboarding and offboarding processes, facilitating performance review cycles and training staff members in the use of Employment Hero.
- Supporting and advising employees and departments by managing the HR inbox and assisting in the maintenance of HR policies and procedures.
- Assisting the CAdO in HR projects such as with the development, maintenance, and implementation of the HR strategy, refining use of Employment Hero and researching and building proposals for new HR initiatives.
- A minimum of Certificate IV in Human Resources or other relevant qualification, or equivalent experience/competence
- Demonstrated experience in administrative support services
- High competency in working in digital spaces, e.g. zoom and web based programs (experience with Employment Hero and Smartsheet desirable)
- Comprehensive experience with Office Word and Excel
- Demonstrated Christian character and active involvement in a local evangelical church
- Alignment of personal values, beliefs and practices with the mission and Christian ethos of Morling College
- Ability to successfully manage competing priorities
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a team and achieve team goals
- Experience in hybrid teams and multi site organisations desirable
- Please apply here with a cover letter briefly responding to the Key Attributes required and a recent CV.
- We reserve the right to employ at any stage if a suitable candidate is identified.