Full-time | Sydney or Melbourne
- Hybrid working environment with flexible hours
- Key Leadership role with global impact
Why Open Doors?
Our team at Open Doors is united in our love for Jesus Christ and His Commission. When working at Open Doors, you will get the chance to strengthen the faith of Christians all over the world, through Discipleship, Emergency Relief and Community Development.
We asked our people their thoughts on working with Open Doors – here is what they had to say:
- “Working for Open Doors means being challenged and encouraged in your faith every day! It’s a privilege to be in a job that helps strengthen the global body of Christ.”
- “Seeing and hearing real stories of persecution has forced me to see my walk with Christ in a new way.”
- “Exclusive experiences to travel and meet with persecuted believers, learning many invaluable lessons along the way.”
Working with us also provides the opportunity to be a part of regular team devotions, access to Christian counselling and mentoring, as well as coming together for bi-annual team days for fellowship, celebration, and worship.
In 2020, our work at Open Doors helped 7,772,740 persecuted Christians across the globe. Overall, we provided support to:
- 6,673,698 people in Discipleship, to follow Jesus by strengthening their faith, providing Bibles, and equipping them to share the gospel;
- 808,092 people in Emergency Relief, to follow Jesus in the most dangerous parts in the world, as they faced persecution, poverty, and war; and
- 290, 950 people in Community Development, to follow Jesus by giving them the tools to stay in their communities and be the light of Christ.
As a growing and respected ministry that supports persecuted Christians in more than 70 countries, and with our vision to make a double impact to the Christians of the world, we’re excited to bring on someone who shares the same vision, strengthening our organisation by connecting with like-minded people, partners, and the community.
About the Role
We are looking for an inspiring, innovative leader to take our customer service experience to the next level. You will be responsible for helping to mature the supporter journey and equip our team to give our amazing donors an incredible experience of Open Doors, and foster long-term relationships.
If you have contact centre leadership or customer journeys experience, this role could be the next step for you. In the role you will:
- Lead and equip a team of Donor Relationship Specialists through team meetings, 1:1 performance conversations, coaching and developing to build a high performing team that enables our strategic goals and mission.
- Build and implement retention-focused strategies and campaigns in alignment with the vision and strategy of Open Doors.
- Design and manage processes and strategies for your team to respond to requests from supporters through various channels e.g. phone, email, live chat and social media;
- Facilitate the development of the team to understand and execute strategies relating to supporter retention and loyalty creation, including pre-emptively identifying and acting in mitigation of potential risks;
- Development and oversight of a centralised knowledge base for all supporter enquiries;
- Maintain a high-level understanding of compliance, particularly Privacy and Financial Transactions, regulated in Australia and New Zealand; and
- Utilise data and segmentation to build value with Donors through responsive Donor journeys.
If this is the right role for you, your skills and qualifications may include:
- 2+ years in a customer service management position;
- In depth knowledge and experience in a call centre environment and customer service principles and processes;
- Excellent problem solving and time management skills with the ability to assess priorities whilst liaising with other departments and completing large volumes of work;
- Ability to build and support the achievement of KPI’s that drive performance and outcomes for supporters;
- Demonstrated success working within a retention and fundraising focused environment;
- Extensive service and rapport-building experience through multiple channels with the public and key stakeholders;
- Understanding of Customer/Donor Journeys and the use of technology to implement them; and
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the Australian and New Zealand church landscape.
If you share our passion to make a difference for the most important issues in our Christian world today, we would love to hear from you!
To apply, please submit your brief resume (max. 3 pages) and cover letter addressing your fit for this role to email@example.com . Applications to be received by close of business on Monday 23 May 2022.