Full-time | Sydney
- Hybrid working environment with flexible hours
- Key Leadership role with global impact
Why Open Doors?
Our team at Open Doors is united in our love for Jesus Christ and His Commission. When working at Open Doors, you will get the chance to strengthen the faith of Christians all over the world. You will help share the stories of our suffering brothers and sisters through innovation and design.
We asked our people their thoughts on working with Open Doors – here is what they had to say:
- “Working for Open Doors means being challenged and encouraged in your faith every day! It’s a privilege to be in a job that helps strengthen the global body of Christ.”
- “Seeing and hearing real stories of persecution has forced me to see my walk with Christ in a new way.”
- “Exclusive experiences to travel and meet with persecuted believers, learning many invaluable lessons along the way.”
Working with us also provides the opportunity to be a part of regular team devotions, access to Christian counselling and mentoring, as well as coming together for bi-annual team days for fellowship, prayer and worship.
In 2020, our work at Open Doors helped almost 8 million persecuted Christians around the world through bibles, training and practical support.
As a growing and respected ministry, supporting persecuted Christians in more than 70 countries, we’re excited to bring on someone who shares our vision and passion to help Australian and New Zealand Christians care for the body of Christ.
About the Role
We are looking for an innovative and passionate creative to lead our creative team and bring our marketing strategy to life. The Creative Director is responsible for the visual brand identity and consistency of Open Doors Australia and New Zealand. This role can also influence our global network of Open Doors partners through our marketing and communications.
In the role you will:
- Lead, inspire and equip the Creative team to achieve team objectives
- Work with the Creative team to create and maintain a strong Open Doors brand, working within our brand guidelines while ensuring our brand stays fresh and relevant.
- Oversee the creation and production of all marketing collateral– including but not limited to campaigns, appeals and supporter servicing pieces.
- Engage in hands-on design work
- Work with the Chief Experience Officer, Marketing Projects Director, Communications Director and Digital Director to ensure effective communication, collaboration and management of marketing projects.
- Present drafts and pitch ideas relevant to the client or other key stakeholders
- Foster a spirit of creativity, innovation, collaboration, risk-taking and ideas within the team.
- Contribute to the development of creative ideas for each campaign to achieve our goals.
If this is the right role for you, your skills and qualifications may include:
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal with a wide cross-section of people
- Demonstrated experience designing marketing and fundraising collateral and campaigns.
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including active listening skills)
- Excellent organisational and teamwork skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player with energy, and creativity
- Ability to solve problems to a satisfactory conclusion
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and transition seamlessly to meet deadlines
- Self-motivated and innovative.
- Must exhibit a strong willingness to learn and absorb new information
If you share our passion to make a difference for the most important issues in our world today, we would love to hear from you!
To apply, please submit your brief resume (max. 3 pages) and cover letter addressing your fit for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org . Applications to be received by close of business on Wednesday 15th June 2022.