Full-time | Sydney
- Hybrid working environment with flexible hours
- Key Leadership role with global impact
Why Open Doors?
Our team at Open Doors is united in our love for Jesus Christ and His Commission. When working at Open Doors, you will get the chance to share the stories of the persecuted church and strengthen the faith of Christians all over the world.
We asked our people their thoughts on working with Open Doors – here is what they had to say:
- “Working for Open Doors means being challenged and encouraged in your faith every day! It’s a privilege to be in a job that helps strengthen the global body of Christ.”
- “Seeing and hearing real stories of persecution has forced me to see my walk with Christ in a new way.”
- “Exclusive experiences to travel and meet with persecuted believers, learning many invaluable lessons along the way.”
Working with us also provides the opportunity to be a part of regular team devotions, access to Christian counselling and mentoring, as well as coming together for bi-annual team days for fellowship, celebration, and worship.
In 2020, our work at Open Doors helped almost 8 million persecuted Christians around the world through bibles, training and practical support.
As a growing and respected ministry, supporting persecuted Christians in more than 70 countries, we’re excited to bring on someone who shares our vision and passion to help Australian and New Zealand Christians care for the body of Christ.
About the Role
We are looking for a passionate and creative communicator to lead the development and delivery of campaign and fundraising communications for Open Doors.
You will be responsible for cultivating and maintaining our brand voice and expression across multiple channels, and leading the communications team as they deliver effective campaign and fundraising communication.
In the role you will:
- Lead, equip and develop the communications team to achieve team objectives
- Work closely with the CXO, Digital Director, Campaigns Director and Creative Director to develop effective campaigns and communications that deliver on Open Door’s Wildly Important Goals.
- Review and maintain Open Doors’ brand voice and guidelines
- Lead best practice communications in the acquisition, retention and engagement of our supporters.
- Tailor communications based on donor segments and journeys.
- Source stories, campaigns and content from Open Doors’ international database
- Engage in some hands-on writing and communications content
- Suggest story narrative and themes for Marketing Campaigns.
- Provide timely and relevant feedback and encouragement to team members to develop skills and enhance effectiveness.
- Foster innovation and a growth mindset within the team to continue improving processes and quality of work.
If this is the right role for you, your skills and qualifications may include:
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal with a wide cross-section of people
- Experience writing copy and content for fundraising and marketing campaigns.
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including active listening skills)
- Excellent organisational and teamwork skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player with energy, and creativity
- Ability to solve problems to satisfactory conclusion
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and transition seamlessly to meet deadlines
- Self-motivated and innovative.
- A strong willingness to learn and absorb new information
If you share our passion to make a difference for the most important issues in our Christian world today, we would love to hear from you!
To apply, please submit your brief resume (max. 3 pages) and cover letter addressing your fit for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org . Applications to be received by close of business on 15 June 2022.