Full-Time Position | Sydney (flexible location considered)
Why Open Doors?
Our team at Open Doors is united in our love for Jesus Christ and His Commission. When working at Open Doors, you will get the chance to strengthen the faith of Christians all over the world. You will honour and uplift our suffering brothers and sisters by managing our digital channels and content to help every Christian in Australia and New Zealand hear their stories.
We asked our people their thoughts on working with Open Doors – here is what they had to say:
• “Working for Open Doors means being challenged and encouraged in your faith every day! It’s a privilege to be in a job that helps strengthen the global body of Christ.”
• “Seeing and hearing real stories of persecution has forced me to see my walk with Christ in a new way.”
• “Exclusive experiences to travel and meet with persecuted believers, learning invaluable lessons along the way.”
Working with us also provides the opportunity to be a part of regular team devotions, access to Christian counselling and mentoring as well as coming together for bi-annual team days for fellowship, prayer, and worship.
In 2020, our work at Open Doors helped almost 8 million persecuted Christians around the world through Bibles, training and practical support.
As a growing and respected ministry, supporting persecuted Christians in more than 70 countries, we’re excited to bring on someone who shares our vision and passion to help Australian and New Zealand Christians care for the body of Christ.
About the Role
We are looking for someone who lives and breathes digital marketing; who is just as comfortable building an email as managing social accounts and turning insights into actionable recommendations. The Digital Specialist will be responsible for using digital channels including emails, socials, and web to ensure the stories of the persecuted church are spread far and wide.
In the role you will:
• Build and send eDMs and supporter journeys.
• Optimise email campaign performance through testing, reporting, and refining.
• Manage all social media channels, social calendar, and social advertising for Open Doors Australia and New Zealand.
• Implement and maintain social media strategy.
• Lead community engagement and foster conversations on social/digital channels.
• Manage reporting, including on website, social media, and campaigns.
• Manage website content, including publishing content.
• Create campaign landing pages.
• Manage Facebook advertising, Google Analytics, reporting and CMS management.
If this is the right role for you, your skills and qualifications may include:
• Familiarity with Creator Studio, Salesforce CRM, Google Analytics, Wordpress, HTML, CSS, Marketing Cloud
• Demonstrated understanding of digital channels and best practice content development
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal with a wide cross-section of people
• High capacity and attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities
If you share our passion to make a difference for the most important issues in our world today, we would love to hear from you!
To apply, please submit your brief resume (max. 3 pages) and cover letter addressing your fit for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications to be received by close of business on Friday 8th July 2022.