The Principal of Devonport Christian School, Chad Smit, is calling for Expressions of Interest from experienced Christian educators for the position of Head of Secondary. This is a new position established in response to the planned expansion into secondary schooling in 2023.
Under the leadership of the Principal, this new Head of Secondary position has been formed to help develop and lead a strong Christian educational culture as Devonport Christian School expands into secondary schooling in 2023, subject to registration approval. Two Year 7 classes are anticipated in 2023 and the school intends to progress to Year 10 by 2026. The Head of Secondary will be committed to the school’s Christian ethos and values and possess excellent skills in leadership and management. The Head of Secondary will provide support to the Principal as a member of the executive leadership team.
The Head of Secondary is responsible to the Principal for the planning, organisation, operations and culture of the secondary school and will advise the Principal in respect to current and future secondary needs. They will:
- Provide leadership, vision and direction
- Be committed to positive community connection and pastoral care
- Bring sound educational knowledge and up-to-date practices
- Promote a coherent and positive culture within the community
- Have a vital role in improving educational outcomes
- Develop and maintain quality of teaching and learning
- Nurture positive relationships between students, staff, the community and stakeholders
- Influence and lead the team in enhancing student engagement, achievement, faith and wellbeing
The Head of Secondary will have a teaching component and increasing periods of release time per week as the secondary school expands. The role is a Principal-appointed position and is on a three-year tenure.
It is expected that the applicant will be able to commence by January 2023.
The applicant should be able to demonstrate in their expression of interest that they will:
- Have a demonstrated commitment to the Lordship of Christ in all areas of life.
- Have a willingness to subscribe to the school’s educational purposes as outlined in the DCS ‘Statement of Faith’.
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to the achievement of the school’s vision, mission, values, strategic plan and educational direction.
- Have the appropriate educational qualifications.
- Be committed to the development of Christian perspectives and foundations throughout the curriculum.
- Have proven leadership skills and experience in a secondary school.
- Have sensitivity in personal relationships.
- Have an excellent personal reputation as an educator.
- Have a sound knowledge of educational trends, research, practices and policies in primary and secondary education.
- Have high competence in data analysis to improve teaching practice and student outcomes.
- Be able to successfully lead collaborative learning teams.
- Demonstrate a continual willingness and desire to learn as an innovative educator.
- Engage and connect with adolescents and have a desire to know and understand each individual student in their care.
Interested and qualified applicants should include the following in their expression of interest:
- A brief covering letter
- Your current CV
- An overview of your faith journey and experience in respect of the leadership qualities and responsibilities that are required of the position
- Names of three referees (two professional and one pastoral)
Please send applications to the CEN Consultancies Administrator, Melinda Storm at email@example.com
Applications will be received until COB Friday 1 July 2022.