The Anglican Diocese of Melbourne is a large and dynamic organisation comprising of over 200 parishes located throughout metropolitan Melbourne and extending to include the Bellarine and Mornington Peninsulas.
The Personal Assistant role works closely with and supports one of our Bishops – a senior leader in the Diocese of Melbourne. If you are an experienced Personal Assistant with well-developed interpersonal skills, and if you enjoy variety and working across a broad range of areas – then this could be the role for you!
You will be responsible for:
- Managing communications on behalf of the Bishop – monitor calls, emails and take appropriate action when required;
- Providing administrative support including creating & managing data and documentation including agendas, minutes, proposals and responses;
- Calendar coordination and management;
- Drafting communications and correspondence on the behalf of the Bishop;
- Planning, coordinating and organising meetings across the diocese;
- Travel management for the Bishop including managing bookings, producing itineraries and travel documentation;
- Coordinating and manage monthly expenses and corporate credit card reconciliations;
- Supporting other areas of the Episcopate as the need arises and where additional support is required for projects.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Three or more years of proven experience in a similar role;
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and experience in dealing with people at all levels;
- Well-developed time management and organisational skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated track record in being able to work with minimal supervision
- Advanced computer literacy in Microsoft Office, especially in Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Experience in making travel arrangements and organising conferences;
- The ability to handle confidential information and demonstrate professional discretion;
- Current Police Check and Working with Children Check or be willing to apply for these
At the Anglican Diocese of Melbourne, we are professionals who foster a culture of empowerment. We are a close-knit small team that supports the Diocese of Melbourne. You will be trusted to manage your own work. Therefore, we are looking for someone who is:
- Autonomous – you must be a self-starter and solution oriented;
- Empathetic – you must have empathy for the Anglican Church and its mission;
- Professional – we are looking for someone who can operate at high standards;
- Detailed – detail matters and you will need exceptional attention to detail; and
- Teachable – no matter what your age or experience, there is always new approaches and new things to learn.
In return for your skills and enthusiastic commitment you will have an opportunity to work with an organisation that makes a difference in the lives of many varied individuals across Victoria.
You must have full working rights and a current valid driver's license and be willing to provide proof of a valid COVID-19 Vaccination.
We currently offer flexible work arrangements in the form of a hybrid work model, a blend of in-office and working from home
To apply please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or click on apply now by midnight on Sunday 20 August 2022.
We are not accepting candidates from Recruitment Agencies.