Come join the team!
Our renovated Conference Centre at Lake Mac is thriving and we are seeking a Kitchen Shift Leader to assist the Catering Manager and support our growing ministry. Your new office will be a newly built, state of the art kitchen catering up to 300 guests and is set on the picturesque shores of Lake Macquarie with 6.5 hectares of water frontage plus an additional 40 hectares of adjoining bushland.
The ideal candidate will:
· Be a committed Christian demonstrated by an active involvement in a Church and ministry
· Have trade qualifications in commercial cookery and / or catering
· Be available (and flexible) to work on a roster which may include weekends
· Be seeking at least 20 hours per week (FT, PT or casual options available)
· Have experience in Christian camping and conferencing - would be highly regarded but not essential
· Have experience in high volume preparation and cooking
· Have experience in supervising and leading a team in a fast-paced environment
· Have strong teamwork, leadership and time management skills
· Have working knowledge of work, health and safety protocols
· Have a ‘hands on management style’ with a servant heart
· Have a valid Working with Children’s Check
· Have a keen interest in youth ministry
What you will be doing:
· Coordination and supervision of general food production and allocation of daily duties
· Assist in menu planning, food preparation, inventory and ordering
· Effective management of special diets
· Ensure efficient kitchen operations and staff management
· Ensure that work is done in accordance to safety standards
CRU is committed to the Working with Children checks. A valid Working with Children Check number for paid employment must be obtained and verified prior to an offer of employment being made.
Applications close when the role has been filled.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org