About Scripture Union Queensland
Scripture Union Queensland is a Christian not-for-profit with a heart for youth and children. We are the largest provider of school chaplains in Australia, and each chaplain is uniquely placed to support our children and young people as they navigate life’s increasingly complex issues. We run camps, community outreach events and At-Risk Youth programs, and offer nationally recognised training programs in youth work at both Certificate IV and Diploma levels.
About the role
The Executive Director of Shared Services is responsible for the strategic development of back office support to meet the evolving needs of the entire organisation, and to assist the CEO in the formation of a national SU movement.
The role has a national dimension, in that the Shared Services team already provides a range of services to SU movements in other states and territories, and we are working towards a national SU movement.
The Executive Director of Shared Services is responsible for defining key metrics on overall organisational objectives and optimising the costs of services through a mix of internal and external resources, including the establishment of strategic provider partnerships.
The required shared services are diverse, and need to evolve to meet the evolving needs of the organisation, including the need for:
- Overall development of support for ministries and ministry support functions;
- Financial and management accounting, and strategic organisational financial development and reporting;
- People services – HR business partnering, IR, remuneration, payroll, recruitment, organisational learning, policies and procedures, and performance and conduct management;
- Asset management;
- Supplier and contracts management;
- IT and business systems management;
- Management and development of our health safety and child protection systems (including policies and procedures), risk management procedures and systems, and insurance.
About the ideal candidate:
- You are energised by SU’s mission to bring God’s love, hope and good news to children and young people.
- You have a strong background as a CFO or equivalent, and sufficient experience lead a team responsible for the needs of more than 700 staff and 5,000 volunteers.
- You have proven ability to develop the capability and high performance of a group pf multidisciplinary teams including Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Business Systems, Risk and Safety to meet ever changing commercial, stakeholder and community needs
- You are a strong leader, able to lead a team dedicated to creating capacity for Christian ministry through new strategies, and a range of back office support services. You work by leading and empowering, and not by command and control. You help others to achieve their best and celebrate their successes, and creating a culture of serving others.
- You have a proven ability to convey a strategic vision and positively engage and influence others, while your ability to establish robust solutions to complex issues has seen you thrive in challenging situations. You are across the detail, but you are able to see the big picture and to help the organisation map a future course using its strengths and overcoming its weaknesses.
- You are CA or CPA qualified and your track record will clearly demonstrate leadership of high performing teams and the capacity to deliver substantive change.
- You have the ability to manage the provision of a broad range of financial accounting services including management reporting, financial reporting and financial reconciliations at entity level in accordance with relevant statutory requirements of Australian Accounting Standards.
- You possess significant experience with leading the development and implementation of corporate governance and compliance frameworks for large and dynamic organisations.
- You have demonstrated high level interpersonal skills and broad communication skills, including strong influencing skills, negotiation and conflict management skills and experience in cultivating and sustaining strong business relationships with key stakeholders.
- You have significant experience with developing and managing ERP financial systems, procedures & controls to enable the efficient & effective allocation of the financial, business and administrative resources to achieve business goals.
In order to be considered for this role, please complete your application including the following:
- Cover Letter– Clearly outlining how you meet the role requirements, including your cultural fit within SU QLD and with how you meet the requirements of the role.
Click here to be directed to our website for a copy of the role statement
Please email your application to email@example.com. The closing date for this position is 17 January 2019. For all other general enquiries please contact Tijana Pavlovich on (07) 3112 6570.
(Recruitment agencies need not enquire or apply. Only direct candidate applications will be considered.)