Our Church & Our Community
Roma Church of Christ is a small but active congregation, located on the Warrego Highway approximately 500km west of Brisbane. We currently have a large number of children in the church, but also have a significant number of elderly members.
Roma is rural community of about 7000 people, but services a much wider area. Farming is the main industry in Roma (boasting the largest saleyards in the southern hemisphere), there is also a significant mining industry in the area, and a number of government workers based in Roma as well.
The Senior Pastor’s Role
We are looking for a Senior Pastor who is willing and able to work with the Eldership to provide strategic and spiritual leadership, provide oversight for the various ministries in the church, provide pastoral care for the congregation and other members of the community as appropriate, coordinate corporate worship services including a significant preaching responsibility, and lead the church into being more evangelistically active.
We anticipate that the major areas of responsibility include:
• Ministry Team leadership and strategic planning, including leadership development
• Oversight and continued development of the various ministries in the church
• Providing pastoral care for members of the church
• Coordinating the churches weekly worship services
• Oversight of the teaching and preaching ministries of the church
• Equipping members of the church to effectively share the gospel with those around them
We are looking for a minister and leader who will fulfil the following core criteria:
• Deep and ongoing personal relationship with Christ and reliance on His Spirit
• Identify with the vision, values and mission of this church
• Ability to communicate effectively with love and respect for the current congregation and its history
• Well organised with excellent communication, relational and strategic planning skills
• A proven track record of effective contemporary ministry and mission within a local community
• Awareness of their strengths and ability to utilise the strengths of others to complement their weaknesses
• Appropriate theological training is vital as is familiarity with the ethos of Churches of Christ
• Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia
• Hold a current Australian driving license.
The successful applicant will be required to possess a Blue Card; have a National Police Record Check; sign the Churches of Christ Queensland Code of Conduct for Ministering Persons; and become endorsed as a Ministering Person with Churches of Christ in Qld.
Pastor Job Description
• This will be up to the equivalent of a 5 day per week position with salary and conditions based on recommendation of Churches of Christ Queensland.
• The person has the opportunity to join the cohort of pastors from across Churches of Christ Queensland as a wider network of support.
• Commencement date will be in January or as otherwise negotiated with the eldership.
• Expressions of Interest, any questions, or a CV with cover letter should be directed to Roma Church of Christ at email@example.com.
• If you wish to speak to one of the elders please indicate via above email, and we will call you back at earliest convenience.
• You will be notified when your application is received, and will be contacted at a later date to notify you of the next step.
• Applications will close at 5:00pm on the 31st of October.