St Matthew’s Anglican Church Manly is an evangelical church situated in the heart of Manly’s Corso with unique gospel ministry opportunities. Our vision is to grow God’s church through the gospel and we are seeking someone who is musically gifted with strong leadership abilities to assist in the fulfilment of this.
The person we seek will be looking to continue the development begun by our current Music Minister and take this ministry forward as a key component of our Sunday Services. Apart from being a gifted musical leader who can play in and develop the music ministry to high standards, they will be responsible to drive our Sunday services each week from planning the services in conjunction with the teaching ministers through to assisting in the execution of our weekly Sunday church services. As such they need to have strong musical and relational capabilities to work with a gifted staff team including both pastoral and administrative staff.
Essential Position Requirements
· Strong musical skills in leading corporate worship.
· Strong abilities in recruiting, training and leading musical teams.
· Capacity to develop a vision and then implement gospel-centred music ministry.
· Ability to plan, organise, administrate and delegate ministry tasks in relation to the running of our Sunday Worship services.
· Ability to work well on a staff team.
· Some technical abilities with sound equipment.
· Theological education preferable, or a desire to commence theological studies part-time.
· There is also the possibility to develop in ministry areas outside of music according to the giftedness of the applicant.
To discuss or obtain an information package that includes a job description, contact the church office on (02) 9977 6249, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org