Combine your talent for administration and coordination with your passion for outdoor education!
StayKCC, is looking for a strong administrator with outdoor leadership and logistics skills whose main goal is to host large groups and ensure that our guests enjoy challenging experiences through facilitating a range of outdoor and indoor activities.
Based in Katoomba and surrounded by the wonders of natural bushland, the Program Coordinator will lead a small team as they write and organise programs for StayKCC’s school and community clients.
The successful candidate will thrive in a busy environment and will be responsible for the following (but not limited to):
- Efficient liaising with schools (via the phone, email, and/or in meetings at the school and/or at the campsite) to design a program that will meet their camping requirements;
- Liaising with departments to ensure that all pre-camp information is finalised and confirmed. This includes being the liaison person between schools and kitchens;
- Booking and confirming of camp logistics prior to camp (e.g., transport, activities, external providers);
- Responsibility for initial camp cost quotes.
- A commitment to and belief in the value of camping for providing a positive environment for evangelism, and a willingness to be involved in such programs;
- Passion for providing friendly, personalised customer service;
- Strong organisational skills and office efficiency, and the ability to prioritise;
- Excellent phone manner;
Qualifications and Experience:
- Mature and consistent Christian faith with active involvement in a Christian church, with sound biblical teaching (as evidence of commitment to Christian ministry and service).
- Friendly, approachable and polite demeanour, and a desire to work closely with school staff in developing programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a strong eye for detail.
- Possess a high standard of personal presentation, coupled with energy and commitment.
- Computer literacy, particularly in ‘Excel’ or ‘Sheets’.
- Interest and experience in working with students from school years K-12.
- A desire to work closely with school staff in developing and implementing programs.
- Ability to work independently, and within a team, and willingness to work irregular hours as necessary.
- Working with Children Check
- Valid right to work in Australia.
- Experience in designing, preparing and presenting educational programs, desirable not essential;
- Experience in preparing and presenting Christian talks and studies, desirable not essential;
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!