DEAN OF EDUCATION
Newly structured role based in Burwood, Sydney
For over 60 years The Australian College of Christian Studies has been preparing students for ministry through the delivery of undergraduate and post graduate courses. From 2024 it will be offering AITSL-approved Initial Teacher Education programs for Primary and Secondary teaching. This new role involves oversight of the College’s Initial Teacher Education programs, including policy formulation and sound practice. Strategies employed will support faith-based approaches to education, quality outcomes for students, betterment of educational theory, and enhanced engagement with the broader community.
The Dean of Education will be an active educator who provides strategic leadership of the College’s educational activities and the experience of its students. The Dean will drive the development, implementation and review of learning and teaching initiatives, including current course offerings and student experience initiatives, which align and deliver on the College’s strategic plan.
Key Requirements and Responsibilities:
· Doctoral qualification in education, or enrolled in a doctoral program;
· Endorsement of the vision, values, and purpose of the College;
· Lead the College’s education quality assurance processes and maintenance of academic educational standards;
· Foster strong working relations with partnership schools;
· Effective skills to advocate for the College’s initiatives and partnerships;
· Lead the development of the College’s education priorities and implement strategies to achieve
student load targets;
· Develop mechanisms to promote and develop excellence in teaching by College academic staff;
· Work with education faculty to develop and implement strategies aimed at improving student success;
· Build and maintain innovation and academic excellence in education;
· High level administrative skills in an accountability structure.
· Knowledge and expertise of relevant technologies, and
· Commitment to ongoing learning through scholarship and research.
For further information in confidence please contact Dr Ruby Holland on 02 8000 8705.
To apply, please forward a resume and a two-page covering letter to email@example.com