Vine Church is seeking is an energetic, experienced and Bible-centred Children’s Minister to fulfil a permanent part time position 3 days per week.
Vine Church is an inner-city Anglican Church founded in 2011 that exists to connect people to the life, love and freedom found in Jesus Christ. Over the past nine years, we’ve grown from a church plant meeting in a house to an exciting and vibrant community with over 220 people gathering each week. We are experiencing growth in our crèche, preschool and primary school age groups and expect God will grow our numbers as a result of our Connect Building Renewal which aims to make us a more welcoming place for non-believers.
1. Position Purpose
Vine Church is seeking to employ a Children’s Minister to build and lead a team of workers so that Christian children know, follow and treasure Jesus and non-church kids are introduced to him.
2. Main Responsibilities
- Ministries – Oversee the following weekly ministries:
- Vine Kids (Creche, Preschool, Infants, and Primary)
- The Jungle, after school kids club, and
- Special Religious Education.
- Team building – growing the Vine Kids team by recruiting new leaders and meeting regularly with teams to build a healthy culture.
- Training – training leaders in effective communication to children.
- Leadership development – working with the Ministry Pastor in helping volunteers develop and move into leadership within children’s ministry.
- Teaching program – assessing, acquiring, fine-tuning or developing faithful and dynamic Christ-centered teaching material for leaders to use in their programs.
- Evangelism – working with the Mission Pastor to develop evangelistic pathways for children and parents into the life of the church.
- Safe Ministry – ensuring the health and safety of children and youth in all our programs and overseeing the work of the Safe Ministry Coordinator.
- Systems – managing the efficient and effective operations of the Vine Kids, including the systems, processes and policies.
- Other responsibilities as required in working in a team environment.
- Evidences a committed, authentic and tested faith in the risen Lord Jesus as our only saviour and hope.
- Theologically-minded and able to show evidence of handling and teaching the Bible faithfully.
- Strong commitment to seeing lives changed by the gospel via prayer and the word of God.
- Dynamic and clear communicator to children and youth.
- Proven ability in establishing, training and leading teams and their leaders.
- Excellence in professional skills such as clear written and verbal communication, time-management, organisation, and systems thinking.
- Willing to commit to the vision and mission of Vine Church and become a member.
- More than five years experience in children’s ministry.
- Demonstrates the ability to have excelled in a professional vocation, and is a good cultural fit with the inner city and the people of Vine Church.
- Completed or currently undertaking higher education in theology and ministry.
- Experience in a Purpose Driven (5M) ministry team.
4. Special Conditions
Remuneration is provided as a stipend plus tax-free housing and motor vehicle allowance and will be based on the experience and qualifications of the applicant. This can be discussed with the Lead Pastor at time of application.
The position is offered as a 3 day per week position.
This position is open to male and female applicants eager to work in a complementarian team environment. Suitability will be assessed based on the above qualifications.
For expressions of interest, please include your resume along with a statement about your life, values, and prior experience. This should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position start date is fully negotiable for the right candidate.
Applications close 31 October 2020.