International Justice Mission Australia is seeking an experienced and well-connected professional to initiate and cultivate partnerships with new and existing mid to major supporters in Sydney and other capital cities. The successful candidate will have a self-driven, results oriented approach to growing IJM’s reach amongst new and existing communities. They will have a proven track record of building genuine relationships with generous Australians, and stewarding those relationships into tangible philanthropic support. This person will have a mandate to grow the movement of Australian’s seeking justice for those who are poor and deepen relationships with strategic partners to raise revenue to support the growth and impact of IJM Australia
For this role, IJM Australia is seeking a person to be based in Chatswood, Sydney on a part-time basis at 0.8 FTE (4 days).
Reporting to the Director of Partnerships, the Strategic Partnerships Manager will:
- Raise a revenue goal by hitting monthly targets set by management.
- Achieve the above by managing a growing portfolio of mid to major donors (reaching 100-120 donors) to grow their level of financial commitment to the work of IJM Australia
- Achieve the above by acquiring new mid to major donors
- Build genuine and authentic relationships with supporters
- Provide an accurate monthly forecast and pipeline management to the Director of Partnerships
- Invite mid to major donors to quarterly events hosted by IJM to deepen relationships and achieve revenue targets, and
- Effectively use IJM’s CRM to assess giving potential, track donor communications and progress towards fundraising goals, and maintain updated records and donor information.
- In consultation with the Director of Partnerships, research, develop and evaluate strategies to significantly broaden and deepen the base of support from major donors in the region’
Skills, Experience and Attributes
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Proven ability to effectively develop, nurture and maintain individual relationships and the skill to lead those individuals to make joyful financial investments /gifts
- Experience in inviting people to invest, donate or fundraise from a specific region or community towards a mission, including the tracking and reporting of progress towards financial donation goals.
- Ability to articulate effectively, credibly and passionately the story of IJM
- Strong understanding of biblical justice and contemporary human rights issues.
- Experience in growing partnerships and networks of supporters or organisations.
- Bring a wide and diverse network of businesses and donor networks across Australia to engage them with the work of IJM Australia.
You will also have:
- Excellent presentation and pitching skills
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to use Salesforce or equivalent CRM experience.
- Experience managing, tracking, analysing and reporting against targets and benchmarks
- Highly developed capacity to accurately and objectively evaluate the effectiveness and outcomes of programs and strategies and to make appropriate adjustments
What we offer:
- An inspiring work environment where your work truly makes a difference in the lives of the thousands of clients IJM is serving. You will be a part of a passionate global team of professionals - characterised by an atmosphere of personal involvement and determination to bring justice, transform communities and end slavery.
- Opportunity to travel abroad to experience what our field offices do and see the injustice firsthand
- Opportunity to professionally develop your skills & attributes.
- Opportunity for spiritual formation.
- Salary is determined by our remuneration policy and years of QE.
- Salary can increase subject to performance of previous years.
Please send a one-page cover letter outlining your suitability for the position including your demonstrated commitment to IJM Australia’s values as detailed above, along with your current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
IJM Australia is interviewing and recruiting for this position as applications are received, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.