CRU is looking for a Schools Ministry Associate to join its passionate Schools Ministry team in January 2021!
The Schools Ministry Associate will serve in CRU’s ministry, with a focus on Y7-12 Independent School students. This will primarily involve:
- Visiting high school CRU Groups each term to connect with students and speak, plus attending high school Inter-CRU events
- Leading on a high school CRU Holiday Camp each school holidays
- Leading on 12 high school CRU Educational Camps
The key aim of this position is to build relationships with high school students you will meet on school visits, at school events and on camps in order that you can support them through the difficult years of high school, encouraging them to follow Jesus and grow in Him. Part of doing this will involve encouraging the students you are on camp with to be involved in their school CRU Group and a local church.
The Schools Ministry Associate will also train at Sydney Cornhill Preaching College 1 day a week for 28 weeks each year and will do theological study through Moore Theological College or the equivalent. This will fulfil our other key aim, which is to train you excellently to be able to know and teach the Bible faithfully.
TYPICAL DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Visiting high schools each term to follow-up students from high school CRU Educational Camps and CRU Holiday Camps (this would involve visiting a mix of CRU lunchtime groups and/or chapels/assemblies or setting up a separate meeting). There will be opportunities in some schools to do a Bible talk at the CRU Group or chapel.
- Attending and assisting in running student training for high school-aged CRU Group leaders. Currently, this involves CrossTrain which is a 5 day camp in the winter school holidays.
- Attending Inter-CRUs (regional events for high school CRU Group students & their friends on Friday afternoons).
- Leading on 12 high school CRU Educational Camps each year to build relationships with students and role model Christian living to students. As experience and skills grow there may be opportunities to speak on a high school Summit camp.
- Leading on 4 high school CRU Holiday Camps each year (one each season) to build relationships with students and role model Christian living to students. As experience and skills grow there may be opportunities to speak on and/or direct a high school CRU Holiday Camp.
- Attending the Cornhill Sydney Preaching apprenticeship on Tuesday’s each week (four 8 week terms each year).
- Theological study – for example, 3 PTC subjects through Moore Theological College per year or the equivalent.
- Writing an annual report on your duties for the Associates Manager & Director of Schools Ministry.
- Other tasks that go along with working in Schools Ministry, including attending Schools Ministry team and prayer meetings as well as CRU staff Bible studies and prayer meetings.
ESSENTIAL POSITION CRITERIA:
- A committed and growing Christian faith and regular church attendance.
- A full agreement with CRU’s ‘Basis of Belief’. (This is at the end of the application form)
- A desire to serve the Lord in gospel ministry long term.
- A desire to work with teenagers.
- Excellent people skills.
- An ability to work efficiently - both independently and within a team.
- A current driver’s license. You will also require a car to travel to and from schools and camps.
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you! Please apply using the button below.
Applications will close once a suitable candidate has been found.