19 Nov, 2020
Carlton Methodist Church
Carlton NSW, Australia
Church Minister / Pastor / Leadership
- The Pastor, together with the Minister In-Charge and the Local Church Executive Committee (LCEC), would provide spiritual leadership of the Church and shepherd the congregation in accordance with scriptural teachings and the objects and Doctrines of the Church.
- Proclaim the Word of God through preaching, primarily in the English Congregation.
- Teach Biblical truths in small groups and/or one-on-one ministry to promote Christian growth and maturity.
- Coordinate the preaching rosters of the congregation and invite speakers as required in accordance with the constitution of the Church, should it be required.
- Provide pastoral care for the sick, visit members/parishioners.
- Monitor, guide and support all different age groups and activities of congregation under his/her care.
- Conduct baptism classes, membership classes, baptisms and child dedication as required.
- Other duties as required by the Local Church Executive Committee.
- Hold a theological degree from a recognised theological seminary/ Bible college acceptable by the Local Church Executive Committee and Board of Ministries.
- Be of good standing within and outside the church.
- Show evidence of commitment in shepherding, preaching and teaching gifts.
- Provide evidence that he/she has practical and relevant experience in preaching and Christian service or specialised ministry.
- Submit preaching recordings in audio or video form (i.e. MP3)
- Be fluent in English.
The Pastor is directly accountable to the Minister In-Charge and Local Church Executive Committee (LCEC) of the Church.
- Be experienced in working with people from diverse Chinese backgrounds, though not explicitly required.
- The Pastor will be expected to drive in order to carry out his/her duties.